[gst-embedded] Getting a gst-launch pipeline to play in totem?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Apr 28 09:34:40 PDT 2009

 I've had quite a few issues with typefind and IP cameras myself...

 To test things as they would run in totem, you can use a gst-launch
with "playbin2 uri=..." as the pipeline.  That way you can easily set debug
options etc.

 In this case, you could try

gst-launch -v -m --gst-debug=typefindfunctions:5 \
 playbin2 uri=http://192.168.1.253/nphMotionjpeg?resolution=320x240

 Unfortunately, most typefindfunctions (including jpeg) don't give any debug
output, so that won't help much...  In fact, jpeg_type_find just looks at the
first two bytes and checks if it's a start marker 0xff 0xd8.  So, you can
capture your camera's output and check what's in there:

gst-launch gnomevfssrc \
 location=http://192.168.1.253/nphMotionjpeg?resolution=320x240 ! \
 filesink location=/tmp/foo

 Good luck!
 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540