[gst-embedded] can playbin handle the sink with decoding functions?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Feb 20 17:46:44 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Liang Zhao <liangzhao.bit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks.
>
> so playbin must add a audiobin after decoder? If that, that means our
> audiosink can not work with playbin?

playbin always decodes the audio fully, to raw PCM. So you probably
can't use it in your case.

> playbin2 is not stable in its description, and not used by many players such
> as totem,  so what can I do?

It's not guaranteed to be entirely API-stable (properties, signals,
might change in future versions), but as far as code stability goes,
it's perfectly ok.

Some players do use it (e.g. Songbird, the player I work on, uses it
on windows, linux, and macos).

Mike