[gst-embedded] Need Help to run my plugin

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Nov 18 10:57:10 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Tejas Bhanabhagavanwala
<tejas at oriolesoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>            I have installed gstreamer-0.10.25 and
> gstreamer-base-plugins-0.10.25. And i have tested following video testsrc
> plugins.
>

> gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink and it is
> working fine.
>

>             I have develop following 2 plugins and i want to get display
> from my video decoder. I am using following pipe line.
>

> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=~/test.m4v ! yuv ! mpeg4dec !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
>
>             Here yuv plugin will read raw data from filesrc and push raw
> data to mpeg4decelement. Mpeg4dec element decode raw data and genearte yuv
> data and same will be pushed to ffmpegcolorspace element. When i run that
> pipeline it gives me following error.

Well, what does your 'yuv' plugin actualyl do? It presumably has
nothing to do with raw YUV data - it's possibly doing somethign with
an mpeg4 elementary stream? You haven't provided any specifics.

Without knowing what your plugins are even _supposed_ to do, it's hard
to give much advice.

> space
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Width = 320 Height = 240
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
> (MPEG4DEC) Memory is not allocated
>  !!Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x10
> Killed

Well, this is simple - your plugin crashed. You need to fix it to not
crash. I don't know what you want help with exactly - we can't debug
it since you haven't provided the source.

Your gst-inspect output isn't obviously _wrong_ (since you haven't
said what your 'yuv' plugin does), but it's obviously missing a lot of
details - like a description, and template caps that are more specific
(which you probably, but not certainly, want).

Mike