[gst-embedded] Fw: Need Help to run my plugin

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Nov 18 22:16:11 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Tejas Bhanabhagavanwala
<tejas at oriolesoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
>                  Nice to have reply back. element yuv doen't do much thing.
> It reads data from buffer sent from filesrc, parse the raw video data and
> push buffer to next element which is mpeg4dec. For testing purpose i have
> set sink and source pad of yuv element to ANY. Following pipeline is working
> fine.

It sounds like mpeg4videoparse, then - better to use a well tested
existing plugin than a custom one.

However, that won't cause a crash by itself.
\

> [         ] gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=~/test.m4v ! yuv ! mpeg4dec !
> filesink location=~/out.yuv
>
>             My mpeg4dec element reads data from yuv elemnet, decode it and
> generate output in YV12 format. When i connect mpeg4dec with
> ffmpegcolorspace element it crashes. I am not doing any set capabilities for
> mpeg4dec element. When i create srcfactory pad, i have assigned following
> details.
>
> static GstStaticPadTemplate sink_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE ("sink",
>     GST_PAD_SINK,
>     GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
>     GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY")
>     );
>
> static GstStaticPadTemplate src_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE ("src",
>     GST_PAD_SRC,
>     GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
>     GST_STATIC_CAPS ("video/x-raw-yuv, "
>         "format = (fourcc) {YV12 }, "
>         "framerate = (fraction) [0/1, MAX], "
>         "width = (int) [ 1, MAX ], " "height = (int) [ 1, MAX ]")
> //    GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY")
>     );
>             Please help me and correct me if i am wrong at any places.

None of this is the cause of your crash. Your crash is simply a bug in
your plugin - and without the source to your plugin, or even any
details about where it's crashing, there's no possible way we can help
you any more than that. Good luck with your debugging!

Mike