[gst-embedded] Syncing in TIDmaiVideoSink

Andreas Auer a.auer at zydacron.com
Mon Jan 31 00:28:13 PST 2011

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I have an IGEPv2 board with an OMAP3530 cpu.
Currently, I'm trying to stream an H264 rtp stream to the board decode
it on the board with the DSP and show the decoded video on the screen.
The problem is that the video output with the TIDmaiVideoSink does not
sync correctly. The problem is that the decoder buffers quite long
(about 30 seconds). So, the first decoded frame is displayed with a
delay of 30 seconds. And therefore the base class "GstBaseSink" wants to
regain the past 30 seconds and plays the decoded frames as fast es
possible.

Does anybody know if there is a patch for this problem? Why does the
GstBaseSink believe the frames are too late. IMHO the GstBaseSink
shouldn't take the latency of the upstream elements into account.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
DI Andreas Auer                     aauer1 (at) gmail.com
http://about.me/Andreas.Auer