about gstreamer v4l2src

张保磊 ittechbay at 163.com
Mon Feb 6 22:10:05 PST 2012

my board filesystem(angstrom-distribution) is supplied by board provider. there is not libgstvideo4linux2.so under /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/, I copied one from other build filesystem.
when I run
root at taodemo:~# gst-launch -e v4l2src location=file.mov
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "v4l2src".
root at taodemo:~# gst-inspect v4l2src
No such element or plugin 'v4l2src'

my question is:
1: If I must do some configuration before to use v4l2src?
2. How can I build gstream and it's plugin on my own?
3. I am not sure what must i do to capture video data from RCA composite and compress to mp4:
      I am using a board similar to DM37x Evaluation Board(dm3730 on it)
      If I understand right, the video data is from RCA Composite to tvp5146, and to ISP module in cpu
      My task is read data from RCA Composite, and encode it to mp4. How can i do it?