memory leak or glibc problem?

Zheng ali ali88z at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:57:21 PST 2013

hello, I'm using gstream in an embedded system.
software:gst-plugins-good-0.10.14.tar.bz2 gst-plugin-vooletv-0.0.1.tar.gz
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.11.tar.bz2 gst-plugins-pps-0.0.18.tar.gz
gst-plugin-vooletv-0.0.2.tar.gz gst-plugins-base-0.10.22.tar.bz2
gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.9.tar.bz2 gstreamer-0.10.22.tar.bz2
hardware:memory 128MByte
pipeline:
neonhttpsrc->flvdemux->input-selector(audio)->queue->audiosink(myplatform)

|->input-selector(video)->queue->videosink(myplatform)

I play http live stream through gstreamer, and find that after one hour the
system is running out of memory, VmHWM:     21836 kB, VmRSS:     21056
kB(Because of driver and other, the memory I can use is about 21~23MB). My
application becomes slow or even crash. when I first start the live stream,
the RSS memory is about 13MB, then growing to 21MB.
At first I think it's memory leak problem, because the memory is growing.
Then I test a 256MB board for running 36 hours(still running), the memory
grows to VmHWM:     99156 kB after 18 hours and stay at this value exactly
until now(VmRSS changes a little, at about 98xxx kb). At the first 18
hours, there is two times the memory decreases about 1x or 2x MB then grows
again. So I think it's not a memory leak problem, more like that glibc
malloc these memory to support gstreamer. I change audiosink and videosink
to fakesink, problem still exists.
My question is: Am i right? If not, what problem can it be? if yes, can I
limit the max memory it can use? I think it should be run well using less
memory, because it runs well at the first hour.
I'm trying to build the pipeline using my computer, not ok yet, I'll give
you information if i get test result. If you need other information, tell
me please. Any suggestion is appciated, thank you.