Video quality degradation

Anh Tuan Nguyen tony.anhtuan.nguyen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:02:15 PDT 2014

Hello, recently I have start using gst and run in some problematic
situations. I use gst to play a video and use this

$this->capture_handle = popen(' gst-launch-0.10 -m -v udpsrc port=9078  !
"application/x-rtp, media=video, payload=102, encoding-name=H264" !
rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! avimux ! filesink
#location=test.avi', "r");

However some videos have terrible quality (PEVQ calculated it as 1.2 MOS).
I looked into wireshark logs to check if there were some packet loss but
there weren't. Do anyone know why this could occur? It happens only once
per 6-9 videos but I need to know it's source. Maybe some RTP packets are
discarded by gst?