Improving playback performance on RPI

Sergey Borovkov serge.borovkov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:16:17 UTC 2018

(Hello, I am getting much worse performance on the RPI when playing back
videos with qml compared to the very similar pipeline I tried with
gst-launch.

This is the gst-launch command:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=crf20_VCL4.1_VCPhigh ! decodebin
name=decoder
decoder. ! queue ! videoconvert ! glimagesink
decoder. ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink
(generated pipeline SVG -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zB4IvHp61_Upw_mkeG2AuLwO3aBHfWaA/view?usp=sharing
)

This is my qml pipeline:

filesrc ! decodebin ! queue ! glupload ! qmlglsink
(generated pipeline SVG). Performance is much worse though.

Pipeline code - https://hastebin.com/divacemana.cpp

I also ran GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7" GST_TRACERS="stats;rusage"
GST_DEBUG_FILE=trace.log  got this https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/hcTXcBBGDp/
The idea was to compare it to gst-launch results but gst-stats keeps
crashing when parsing the output of gst-launch log.

Any advice on what I can try next to find the issue? I don't see a lot of
difference in my pipeline vs the one created by gst-launch yet performance
difference is extremely high