[Gstreamer-openmax] synchronising GST and OMX states

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at nokia.com
Thu Apr 3 05:09:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

Frederik from NXP has been working on implementing tunneling in
gst-openmax, I'm CC'ing the gst-openmax mailing list.

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 09:05 +0100, ext frederik.vernelen at gmail.com
wrote:
> > > Is there a git repository to post to, or do we commit directly into
> > > CVS, or do I send you the source code?
> >
> > You can also send me patches, or the git repository if you have one.
> Please find the patches attached to this mail, unfortunately we do not
> have a git repository. (I'm not really familiar with git)

> > > There also is one line of code added in the initialization function of
> > > the filters, which will be needed to be added in all other filters as
> > > well. If you agree with this change, shall I add it in every filter
> > > and send it afterwards?
> >
> > I would like to review the code. It would be great if you can put the
> > patches available somewhere or even better if you can make the git
> > repository public.
> Would sending it through mail be sufficient, or would you prefer
> having them on a public ftp server as well?

There are a lot of changes, so reviewing would not be easy.

The changes should be provided in small increments, to allow easier
reviewing, and merging. Please stick to the core changes required. I
noticed some code-style changes, cleanups, and even fixes. While those
are definitely welcomed; should be provided as separate patches later,
that way we can focus on the tunneling implementation.

Some things I can mention so far:

      * Can the GOmxPadData be included in the GOmxPort?
      * The GOMX-Core-Pointer should be a function call instead, perhaps
        even an interface, check GstXOverlay[1]

I would recommend to start with the changes in gstomx_util, hopefully
some changes can be applied without affecting the rest of the code.

This looks promising!

Best regards.

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html

--