[Gstreamer-openmax] 回复: Discussion on the hardware accelerator solution in GstOpenMAX project.

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 02:27:46 PDT 2008

Hi Ling,

2008/8/3 Ling Shi <shil66 at gmail.com>:
> Hi, all
> If some hardware vendors, such as TI provides only a sink OMX element (for
> example, mp3 sink), does GstOpenMAX have any plan to support it? For
> example, design a base audio/video sink element?

No, TI audio components can be used as sinks or filters. Actually by
default they behave as filters.

There is already a base sink element, so it should be very easy to
create a new mp3sink element. If it helps we can add an audio sink of
course, but even the audio decoders are using the plain base filter
class.

See for example this code:
http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/tree/master/omx/gstomx_mp3dec.c

It's using the base filter, not even a base audio decoder, and it's
still only 200 lines of code. So an mp3sink would probably require
that amount of code or less.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras