[Gstreamer-openmax] Issues with GSt Playbin Plugin with Openmax

gulshan karmani gulshan.karmani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:05:11 PDT 2008

Hi All,

We are facing an issue with playbin while playing AVI file.

We have tested following gst pipeline using gst-launch application:

gst-launch filesrc location=MPEG4SP_MP3_512kbps_25fps_QVGA_WilsonWar.avi !
avidemux name=demux {demux.audio_00 ! queue ! omx_mp3dec ! alsasink } {
demux.video_00 ! queue ! omx_mpeg4dec ! xvimagesink }

This pipeline works fine. Here we have used GST-OMX component for
audio-video decoding, avidemux as avi demuxer and alsasink/xvimagesink for
audio/video rendering, respectively.

On the same system when we tested the playback using following playbin, it
starts playback and displays 2-3 frames after that it stops.

gst-launch playbin uri=file://MPEG4SP_MP3_512kbps_25fps_QVGA_WilsonWar.avi

When we checked the pipeline it is similar to the one mentioned above with
gst-launch. We have observed with playbin that it is buffering initial video
frames. We have limited number of video frame buffer and they are getting
buffered in playbin which is causing this issue in playback.

Can we avoid this buffering, so that it will work like gst-launch
application?

Or

Is this buffering happens because of some thread synchronization?

The version of GST components which are used:

Gstreamer : 0.10.9

Gst plugins base : 0.10.9

Gst plugins good : 0.10.4

Gst openmax : 0.10.0.4