[Gstreamer-openmax] Regarding GStreamer-OpenMax Layer

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:33:15 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:52 PM, sriram murthy <sriram482 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Felipe,
>> >          Thanks for your gst-launch-0.10 suggestion. Now i am able to
>> > render
>> > my sink component also with this tool, and able to play audio from my
>> > sound
>> > card.
>> >
>> > I have few questions here.
>> >
>> > 1. Why same sink component i am unable to load from Totem Player
>> > application
>> > ?
>> >     Is it because of application or gst_openmax layer.
>>
>> Totem works fine with omx elements too.
>
>      Sorry for repeatedly asking the same question. But still i am not able
> to understand why totem and Playbin (i am
>      providingPULGIN_PATH) tools are not loading my sink element. Because
> same thing is happening from gst-launch-0.10
>      tool , why  not from other two ?
>       If you any idea please reply ....

Sorry I didn't answer properly last time. It's hard to tell why Totem
isn't working, that's why gst-launch-0.10 is useful so you can try
step by step to reproduce the same pipeline that Totem is using.

If I understand correctly you have this issue with totem and playbin
in gst-launch-0.10, but when you manually specify the pipeline then it
works, right?

One reason could be that the priority of the sink is very low by
default, so it's not automatically used by playbin. You can check the
priority with gst-inspect-0.10, if it's too low you will need to
modify gstomx.c. The priority is low by default because sinks are not
well tested, you could say they are in "experimental" state.

--
Felipe Contreras