[Gstreamer-openmax] openmax patches

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 03:05:00 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Mark Nauwelaerts <manauw at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some patches for gst-openmax, in summary:
> * do some more flushing to prevent locking/hanging in state change if an
> OpenMAX component does not feel like responding

This patch is good, except for a few code-style issues.

I'm pushing it to the "next" branch.

> * serialize EOS handling to prevent EOS event from "speaking before turn"

Since omx is asynchronous at the time we receive the EOS event from
gst, there are buffers that are still being processed, we need to wait
for them before the EOS event is propagated to the next element,
otherwise the buffers will be dropped.

It looks like your patch will serialize the EOS event, so if for some
reason omx signals an EOS, gst will receive it too. But there's no way
that would happen for filter elements since gst-omx is the one that
flags omx buffers with the EOS flag *after* we receive the gst EOS
event.

Also, please add signed-of-by to the commit message (git commit -s)
and if possible use git send-email.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras