[Gstreamer-openmax] Make gst in android to play AAC

Prajnashi S prajnashi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 06:02:04 PDT 2009

Hi, all
I just modified gst-openmax-0.10.0.4 to make it use opencore OMX. Currently,
only aac decoder works. I will contribute code in next 2 days. I will focus
on mp3/amr/mp4/h263/h264 later. I think openmax solution is better than
other software codec like ffmpeg in embed system, because
 1) we can reuse opencore's OMX.
 2) most chipset vendor provide OMX solution.

Edward,
Since the repo is more and more stable, I plan to push openmax direclty to
your repository. We need discuss how to do that.

In addtion, I'm not sure if 0.10.0.4 is too old (I change a lot of thing). I
will check if I can rebase to newer version after that. Anyone in
gst-openmax can give some comments?

--
-- Prajnashi S