[Gstreamer-openmax] Plan for 0.10.0.5 and other updates

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 00:29:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Prajnashi S <prajnashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the 0.10.0.5 will support tunnel? If yes, do we have any document? In
> addition, is there any plan to integrate with specific hardware, which
> support OMX, such as TI OMAP, Marvell, and so on?

As I said, I don't know if the tunneling branch will be merged for .5,
but if not, it will be available as a separate branch, and will be
soon merged for .6.

The whole idea of OpenMAX IL is to be able to use different
implementations transparently. Of course theory != practice.
Personally I've tested all the video components on OMAP platform, and
a few others on bellagio. I know some people have been able to use
gst-openmax on different platforms, but it always seems as if their
companies have asked them to keep a low profile. Regarding Marvell, I
think one guy told me he could get H.264 decoding working there, but I
don't know more.

--
Felipe Contreras