[Gstreamer-openmax] [gst-devel] How to port gst-openmax

Clark, Rob rob at ti.com
Mon Dec 6 08:38:11 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM, bard <bard_kuo at compalcomm.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am work on porting gst-openmax , but I didn't find some document described
> more specifically.
> Is there a document like porting guide ? or some flowchart available can
> make me figure out easily.

Probably a better question for gst-openmax list..

AFAIK, some updated documentation on this is still needed.  Although
with latest master from git, you should be able to port to a new
OpenMAX implementation with only config file changes.  (Assuming a
relatively well behaved OpenMAX implementation.)

The config file will have something like:

omx_h264dec,
   type=GstOmxH264Dec,
   library-name=libomxil-bellagio.so.0,
   component-name=OMX.st.video_decoder.avc,
   sink="video/x-h264, width=(int)[16,4096], height=(int)[16,4096],
framerate=(fraction)[0,max];",
   src="video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)I420, width=(int)[16,4096],
height=(int)[16,4096], framerate=(fraction)[0,max];",
   rank=256;

which gives the component name (and optionally component-role),
src/sink caps, and rank.

BR,
-R