[Gstreamer-openmax] AV Sync with Gst-OpenMax pluggin

Nitin PAI nitinmpai at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 01:25:24 PST 2010

Hi ,

I am working on adding gstreamer support for our proprietary openmax
multimedia stack.  So the best choice is to use gst-openmax pluggin.
I am facing problems with Audio Video Synchronization.

Basically,
1) How is startup AV sync handled in gst-openmax pluggin?  There is a deep
pipeline in our audio stack. Just EmptyBufferDone call from audio sink
doesnt imply that the audio is played. This is handled via FirstAudioFrame
played event from the openmax core.
2) How is AV sync done. I mean basically the decision to do video frame
drops or video frame hold?

I will really appreciate some writeup on this.

Thanks,
Nitin