[Gstreamer-openmax] AV Sync with Gst-OpenMax pluggin

Tejas tejas at picus.in
Mon Feb 22 04:00:07 PST 2010

Hello Felipe,
	As I was not able to play any video content with the help of omapfbsink plugin. Later I found that memory from frame buffer 1 was not mapped , because memory for fb1 has not been allocated. After my system of beagle board boots I am running following commands to allocate memory.

	My boot args is as followed.

"setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-32 at 60 vram=12M'"

$echo 8000000 > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/size
$fbset -fb /dev/fb1 -nonstd 1
$echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/enabled
$echo "$1,$2" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/output_size
$echo "0,0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/position
$fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -xres $1 -yres $2
$echo "0,0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay0/position
$echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0/enabled
$echo "" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/display
$echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/enabled
$
$echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/enabled
$echo "dvi" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/display
$echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0/enabled

	I put all these command into one disp.sh file and run it as ./disp.sh 640 480, then 640x480 display comes and rest comes as black. Now I can run following command smoothly.

$gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///648x480.mp4

	After that when I run following command, that display doesn't come properly. That video content is of resolution 1280 x 720.

$gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///1280x720.mp4

	After that I run ./disp.sh 1280 720 and then run above command I can play video properly.

	But when I run 1280 x 720 video file into totem movie player nothing is coming and only blue screen throught entire video play back. After getting log file it gives following error.
"omapdss MANAGER error: dispc_setup_plane failed for ovl 1"

		Can any one guide me to come out this error.

-Tejas.