Adding new component

Siber tvm.siber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:13:51 PDT 2011

Hello, everybody!
I've just started working with gst-openmax. For my first component I've
chosen "YUV Chroma filter". The component receives a frame in yuv-format
(YUYV, UYVY, YV12, etc.) and sets chroma to zero. So we can see only
black_and_white picture. That's all the modification the component should
do.

What component can I take as a template? And what files should I modify to
make my component work correctly with gst-openmax and gstreamer? I tried to
take ffmpeg colorspace converter from bellagio 0.9.1 as a template. To make
gst-openmax cover for ffmpeg colorc converter I copied and then modified
files that refer to omx_jpegenc: I modified gstomx.c, Makefile.am,
gstomx.conf.in, and offcourse added gstomx_ffmpegcsc.c and gstomx_ffmpeg.h
in the directory with gstomx_jpegenc.c. Now gst-openmax compiles without any
errors, but I can't find omx_ffmpegcsc after gst-inspect command (but
omx_jpegenc is in the plugins list).

Thank you!