[Gstreamer-openmax] Proposal of new implementation

Benjamin Gaignard benjamin.gaignard at linaro.org
Tue Jan 25 03:32:31 PST 2011

you are right, the operation flow are very similar but we create an
overloaded gst buffer (gstomxbuffer) to allow zero copy in gstreamer graph

With gstomxbuffer the sequence is no more:
emptybufferdone -> memcpy in gst buffer -> fillthisbuffer -> pad push
gstbuffer
it becomes:
emptybufferdone -> pad push gstomxbuffer -> gstomxbuffer unref ->
fillthisbuffer
Benjamin