[Gstreamer-openmax] Proposal of new implementation

Clark, Rob rob at ti.com
Wed Jan 26 09:56:44 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Felipe Contreras <
felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3) Your solution doesn't conform with GStreamer API
>
> You can't just pad_buffer_alloc() and unref a buffer. If this buffer
> comes from a sink that has a ring-buffer, like pulsesink, the sequence
> would be screwed up.

note: this is generally a problem with OpenMAX, if you want to allow reverse
caps negotiation to influence the output port params.  You need to allocate
a buffer to trigger caps negotiation.. although that isn't yet a convenient
point to use the buffer.  I guess you could stuff the buffer in some member
field in GOmxPort or somewhere like that, and then use it later.  Not very
elegant...

At least it isn't a problem with the video sinks I've seen.  But it is a
valid point if you want to use OMX based audio decoders.

BR,
-R