newbie question: howto configure/use gst-openmax in non-omap embedded platform

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:12:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Luca Santini
<luca.santini at spesonline.com> wrote:

> it's my first day in the openmax world.
> I would like to have accelerated multimedia on my Cortex-a9 platform... but
> i can find documentation only for TI omap ones!
>
> How to glue gst-openmax to my hardware? Do i need bellagio? Do i need to
> hack some configuration file?

Bellagio uses FFmpeg, so you might as well use gst-ffmpeg or gst-av,
those run on the CPU, but are optimized.

gst-openmax is meant to be used with an OpenMAX IL implementation. If
you don't have one, then I don't think you should try using it.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras