Strict aliasing warning when compiling with glib-2.0 version 2.30.2

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:12:10 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Qais Yousef <Qais.Yousef at imgtec.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following warnings when compiling:
>
> gstomx_base_filter.c: In function 'output_loop':
> gstomx_base_filter.c:331: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer
> will break strict-aliasing rules
> gstomx_base_filter.c: In function 'activate_push':
> gstomx_base_filter.c:789: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer
> will break strict-aliasing rules
> gstomx_base_filter.c:805: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer
> will break strict-aliasing rules
>
> Did anyone see them before? Are they similar to the warnings caused by
> compiling with glib-2.0 < 2.19.8?

I don't think that's a problem... They are just warnings. The fix is
probably simple, and if you can come up with a patch to fix them it
would be appreciated. But I don't think the end result would be any
different.

If your compilation fails, you can try disabling erroring on warnings.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras