Control keyframe time distance in omxh264enc

Rik Sagar org.gstopenmax at sagar.org
Wed Aug 7 10:38:20 PDT 2013

Hi Sebastian/Augusto,

On the TI and Qualcomm chips that we worked with, at Palm, you could set
the keyframe generation to be either periodic or on demand.

For the video recorder app we had a 1/2 second distance between iframes -
to facilitate easy editing of the video (chop at keyframes).

I would expect it to be a supported on other hardware, it seems a fairly
reasonable thing to have.

It's been a year or two since I needed to look at this, so I just skimmed
through the OpenMAX spec, and I see a couple of things that look familiar:
   - OMX_VIDEO_CONFIG_AVCINTRAPERIOD
   - OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_H263TYPE

Both have a field called *nPFrames* which controls the distance between
iFrames.

Regards,
Rik.