question about audio decode in gst omx

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 28 23:31:42 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-04-29 at 10:12 +0800, csduan2009 wrote:
> roger, but i am a little curious why still not implemnted,  since
> audio decode is very important. before we use old gst-openmax with
> 0.10,  and now when upgrading to 1.x we found there is no audio decode
> we can use.

Mostly because there was not enough interest so far, especially because
using hardware for audio decoding is usually not as efficient as one
might think... and for software decoders you could have much better to
use APIs than OpenMAX IL.

If you need some help with this, feel free to contact me.

Expertise, Straight from the Source