question about audio decode in gst omx

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 29 10:03:26 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-04-30 at 00:12 +0800, chensheng duan wrote:
> thank you very much for you kindly respond.
>
> yes, for general purpose, software audio decode is fairly enough,  but we
> still need to use DSP and omx on our IC as before (age of 0.10.x)
>
> new gst-omx seems quite different from old gst-openmax,  which i think is
> more simple, and we spent 2 years to make it stable(and compatible with our
> IL & HW codec driver).
>
> so currently we need spent some time to get familiar with the new one, and
> figure out whats the next step.

gst-omx is a completely new code base as compared to gst-openmax, but
was available in 0.10 too. Main difference is that gst-omx is using the
proper base classes for audio/video decoding/encoding, and thus provide
the same guaranteed behaviour as other similar GStreamer elements.

I gave a talk at the GStreamer Conference in Prague in 2011 (or 2012?)
about this, you should find a video of that on the Internet.

Expertise, Straight from the Source