RFC on gst-omx patches

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Thu Feb 6 10:21:20 PST 2014

Hello everyone,

sorry that I spammed the list without further notice, those patches got
out before I could compose a mail for them.

While working on open sourcing the UVD/VCE support for AMD Radeon
hardware we implemented an OpenMAX based state tracker in mesa and
additional to that made a few changes to gst-omx to better support our
use case. The result are the following seven patches:

gstomxvideodec: fix multithreads negotiation problem
     This is a bugfix, please review and if approved apply upstream.

gstomxvideodec: remove dead code
gstomxvideodec: simplify _find_nearest_frame
gstomxvideoenc: simplify _find_nearest_frame
     Those are code cleanups which simplify the following patches to add
new funtionality.

omx: improve tunneling support
omx: add tunneling support between decoder and encoders
gstomxvideoenc: implement scaling configuration support
     Those patches implement new functionality and are mostly a request
for comments. Does they fit into the gst-omx design? etc...

Regards,
Christian.