Implementation issues of codec

julian.bai at yy-inc.net julian.bai at yy-inc.net
Tue Jul 27 07:20:59 UTC 2021

Hi All,

This is my 1st time using mail list system. If there is any improper use,
please forgive me!

I am facing some selection problems, please give some guidance.

I have a video encoder based on FPGA. I hope to use it through the gstreamer
framework, but now I have some choices as following:

1.       Traditionally, I need to develop the driver at the kernel level
based on Linux first, and develop a gstreamer plugin to use it. Is this
feasible and easy to implement?

2.       Alternatively, Using openmax to achieve, and using omxXXXXenc to
use it based on gstreamer. In my understanding, this method also requires
the development of driver, So, what are the advantages of this method
compared to the first one?

Thx a lot!