hal-device-manager: Connection ":1.2" is not allowed to add more match rules

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Aug 3 18:06:16 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 02:21 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Any idea, why we add so many match rules to D-BUS?

Yeah, in h-d-m we add three signal receivers per device to receive
updates; this has recently changed from only one per device because of
API changes in the D-BUS python bindings.

Ideally, we would just add a single signal receiver for all devices,
this is possibly from the D-BUS C API (that's what libhal does), but I'm
not sure it's possible from the Python bindings.. yet? :-)

> hal-device-manager's
> D-BUS connection is dropped, cause it adds more than 128 rules, which
> sounds a bit strange, right?

D-BUS is written to be ultra paranoid and secure, so this is a good
thing, though 128 is a bit low.

Cheers,
David