Bluetooth discussion kickoff

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Aug 17 11:33:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 19:57 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> > Is there anywhere where I can read up about how bluetooth works?  I have
> > a USB dongle for it, but I've only ever used it on my mac.
>
> I looked a bit at bluetooth on linux for work stuff, and the PDF found
> at http://www.devx.com/opensource/Article/21149 was *really* helpful.
> Thanks Edd ;)

Yah, that's a very nice walkthrough.

I played around with Bluetooth a bit with this over the weekend using my
Sony T68i phone, and I must admit it rocks (especially the app that
sends and receives SMS's, yay!). The way we should approach this in hal
is probably to only to expose the HCI adapters and leave it at that. As
Dan says, it's basically just like networking only with the open sockets
being exposed as /dev/rfcomm%d files.

That's my take anyway, what do other people think?

Cheers,
David