autoconf & hal - install under home problem

Rui Lopes rui at ruilopes.com
Sun Aug 29 10:52:34 PDT 2004

Hi,

When I try to issue `make install' the generated makefiles try to create
stuff in /hal, a make target from hald/Makefile.am has this:

install-data-local :
        $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/hal/device.d
        $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/hal/capability.d
        $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/hal/property.d
        $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(LOCALSTATEDIR)/lib/hal

The uppercase variables are never assigned, maybe the intention was to
write @SYSCONFDIR@?  even so, why not use $(sysconfdir)?  or, do I need
to set those variables before using make (doesn't seem right to me)?

I'm using autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.5.

Regards,
Rui Lopes