hal 0.4.2 "Something like that. Tastes the same anyway." released

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Thu Dec 2 04:30:07 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 06:44:10PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just released hal 0.4.2 "Something like that. Tastes the same anyway."
> that fixes a number of small bugs; Here are the changes in short form
>
>  - Only lazy unmount devices if {storage.volume}.policy.should_mount is
>    TRUE - e.g. don't lazy unmount devices we don't care about

Wasn't hal supposed to be policy free ;). If i'm correct the should_mount policy
item decides whether or not fstab-sync makes an entry in fstab or is there a
deeper meaning ?

For debian we use a little script in dev.d to lazy unmount volumes (hal doesn't
run as root). Basically if the device disappears, there is no use in keeping it
mounted right?

  Sjoerd, who is just wondering why stuff is being done that way now :)
--
A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is given the chance.
		-- Stanislaw Lem