[patch] physical device detection for scsi devices

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jul 15 13:56:14 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 22:44 +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:13:09PM +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   It seems there was some code missing for the detection of the physical
> >   device for scsi devices. Attached patch fixes this. Causing the new
> >   gnome-vfs patch to work properly on my workstation :)
>
>   And ofcourse it broke usb and ieee1394 :(. This is because it the traversal
>   first encounters a virtual scsi device. New patch attached which keeps
>   traversing the the tree after detecting a scsi device, so it can find the
>   real device if there is one.

Nice, I haven't got any real SCSI stuff myself, so good to see it's
working!

Care to send a screenshot of hal-device-manager (with virtual devices
shown) and a lshal dump. That would make me feel a bit more confident in
committing the stuff. And Kay likes screenshots, that's important to
remember :-)

Much Thanks,
David