hal-device-manager crash

Thomas Gufler csab3266 at uibk.ac.at
Fri Jul 30 04:34:30 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 29 July 2004 18:45, Dan Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Palmieri (J5) has a solution but hasn't posted the patch yet, it
> involves editing /usr/share/hal/device-manager/DeviceManager.py and
> fixing these lines as follows:
>
>         self.bus.add_signal_receiver(self.gdl_changed,
> +                                    "gdl_changed",
>                                      "org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager",
>                                      "org.freedesktop.Hal",
>                                      "/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager")
>
> [snip]
>
>             self.bus.add_signal_receiver(self.device_changed,
> +                                        "device_changed",
>                                          "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device",
>                                          "org.freedesktop.Hal",
>                                          name)

That solved the problem, h-d-m is no longer crashing. Thanks!
However there seems to be an other problem with h-d-m, the device list in
h-d-m is no longer updated after adding/removing devices. E.g. when I start
h-d-m with my Canon i865 (USB) printer connected and I disconnect it the
h-d-m doesn't remove the printer until I restart h-d-m(same for USB-Stick,
putting CD's into the Drive). lshal however shows the change immediately.

Thomas