Unmounting and 'eject' press

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Wed Jun 2 02:09:31 PDT 2004

> Doing the volumagic trick will certainly work; I suspect that is how
> Windows work.

What Volumagic actually does is still a mistery for me, and I don't have
time to start reading all code now (exams), maybe later.

> I have no idea why this doesn't work and it's difficult to debug since
> it works with my drive; I'll try to dig out some more drives. If anyone
> else feels like it, the latest MMC-2 draft is here (the final version
> costs money)
>
> ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/mmc2/mmc2r11a.pdf
>
> and here is the Media Status Notification Support Spec

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarmsnss/html/atamed.asp

I looked at the mmc2 draft, and the code you linked to earlier
(http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.0/att-0603/01-cd_poll.c)
*seems* to do what it should do (altough I couldnt test it myself), and so
does the hal implementation. The only problem is the limited amount of
devices that actually implement the standard I guess...

I'll try to contact the authors of submount and supermount(-ng), ask them if
how they solve this and if they know some solution, one never knows :-)

Regards, and have a nice holiday David,

Ikke