Video DVD

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jun 7 08:33:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:12 +0200, Ikke wrote:
> Hija,

Heya,

> Little question: there are properties for disc like has_data and
> has_audio, which are very nice. I think a property has_video (for
> video dvd's) could be very usefull too tough, and quite consistent.
> AFAIK, a dvd has to be mounted first to know wether or not its a video
> dvd... Maybe that's a little problem.
> I could try to get this into hal (not much time ATM tough, exams), or
> isnt that a good idea?

The current volume.disc.* properties relate only to the physical layout
of the disc as it affect how policy engines like g-v-m or ivman treat
the disc (e.g. mount/unmount it, setting up a VFS-slave for audio etc.),
not the contents of the disc. Detecting content like video (/VIDEO_TS)
or photos (/DCIM) should be done higher up in the stack by policy
engines.

Cheers,
David