Gnome-VFS hal patch - found reason for computer vfolder crash

Dave Camp dave at novell.com
Mon Jun 7 14:18:33 PDT 2004

I just ran in to this problem in an unrelated bug.

It seems like the gvfs volume manager should return the correct label
name, even if it's an invalid filename.  It seems like it should be
computer:///'s responsibility to convert it to a valid URI if it wants
to display it as a file.  I'll be cooking up a patch for that today.

That said, the gvfs volume manager only shows user-visible devices,
so / /boot should probably be taken out.

-dave