Fstab updates?

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Tue Jun 8 11:13:17 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Sorry if I am being a complete muppet here, but how do I get HAL
automatically update my /etc/fstab with the mountpoint of the new device
that has just been plugged in. As an example, when I plug in my Nokia
phone, it comes up as /dev/sda1 and i would like it to mount in /mnt -
can HAL update the /etc/fstab automatically?

I saw that there is fstab-update.sh, but I am not sure how to use it. I
tried just running it and it did'nt work.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer