Little bug in fstab_update.sh

Simone Gotti simone.gotti at email.it
Tue Jun 15 10:24:40 PDT 2004

Hi to All!

I've tried hal (and dbus) from the current cvs and the gnome-vfs patch
too and they works very well. (The gnome_vfs patch rocks!)

I'm using gentoo GNU/Linux and for this reason there isn't any distro
specifics script that update the fstab file for any discovered device.

I've tried the hal's fstab_update.sh and it works flawlessy but I've
noticed that with a reiserfs unmounted device the file system is setted
like "reiser" and this is an invalid fs type.

I've digged into the code of hal and I've noticed that probably the
problem is that with the aotoprobing of the fs type (without mounting
the device) this is setted to reiser.

So I've made a little change in the script that will set the fs type to
auto (because I don't know how to check for the fs type: reiserfs or
reiser4).

Probably you've got a better idea and I hope that this will help.

Bye!