hal Digest, Vol 4, Issue 40

Andrew Luecke worse.off.then.shrek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 01:53:50 PDT 2004

Currently I'm thinking aboiut using HAL to just tell when devices are
plugged in, and if they have a driver, and if they dont, install one..
The method I was using before was using a hotplug script, and a really
bad sysfs/lspci system I really dont want to talk about (it really was
that bad). HAL is generic though and lets me do all the stuff I wanted
to do before, without the hacks and in a much better way, so I'm
actually really thankful that hal got released, because its exactly
what I need ;)

--
Auzy
http://driverondemand.sourceforge.net