[patch] wireless network support

Mathieu Lacage Mathieu.Lacage at sophia.inria.fr
Wed May 26 06:10:51 PDT 2004

I am not sure if this address is subscribed to the list so I apologize
if it gets moderated.

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 11:15, David Zeuthen wrote:
> My only other comment is that the properties should be called
> net.ethernet.wireless instead of just net.wireless, since other
> wireless networking technologies may or may not exist.

I would suggest net.80211 instead. It is clearly more precise: saying
that 802.11 is based on ethernet is, at best, a misconception.
Furthermore, other similar wireless standards are being developped. It
will make the naming convention for these newer standards more
reasonable if they can be made .net.standard.

my 2 cents,

regards,
Mathieu
--