[patch] wireless patch, take 2

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Fri May 28 06:57:23 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 01:28 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:

> Yeah, this is _the_ convincing argument.
> I just needed a few more hours (not only 20 minutes with Joe :)) to get
> used to the idea that HAL is no longer a small hardware database, but a
> _real_ abstraction to handle basic hardware manipulation.

Your previous and current conceptions were the same as mine.  Even
though I have always envisioned HAL as this "hardware abstraction", I
sort of defined it in my head as only a "small hardware database".

> Damn, the borders what HAL should handle are very soft then, and I need
> to say good-by to the clear delimited picture, but it feels inescapable
> and it is really really worth to try it!

My only reservation, too - I love clearcut designs.  I hope we can keep
the scope in check.

> Much thanks for the illustration,

No problem, Kay.

	Robert Love