hald on 2.6.10-rc2

Mitch Mitch at 0Bits.COM
Mon Nov 22 01:02:06 PST 2004

Thanks for that Kay. It works fine now with 2.6.10-rc2 and the patch.

I guess since www.freedesktop.org been hacked there's no cvs tree
to integrate patches to ?

Cheers
Mitch
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: hald on 2.6.10-rc2
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:54:41 +0100
From: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>
To: Mitch <Mitch at 0bits.com>
CC: HAL <hal at freedesktop.org>

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 08:30 +0400, Mitch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone got it working on 2.6.10-rc2 ? To be specific, my external
> usb drive that worked (mounted) perfectly on 2.6.9 doesn't anymore on
> 2.6.10-rc2. No config changes at all. If i boot up in 2.6.9 the device
> get's mounted, in 2.6.10-rc2 no go. Hald seem to see the event, but
> fstab-sync doesn't get called to update the fstab. The /udev devices are
> created correctly so i know the problem is not with the event generation.
>
> Anyone have any luck with this combination ?

It's caused by a change in the scsi sysfs device chain. HAL does not
handle that at the moment.
You may use the hack in the following mail if you want it make it work,
until we change HAL to recognize "/sys/devices devices" without relying
on hotplug events for every directory.

   http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/hal/2004-November/001242.html

Thanks,
Kay