hald not establishing a connection to dbus?

fuxxy at coldfire.myftp.org fuxxy at coldfire.myftp.org
Mon Nov 22 17:43:20 PST 2004

It is enabled in my hald.conf, here is a copy of /etc/hal/hald.conf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<!-- This configuration file controls the Hardware Abstraction Layer
     daemon - it is meant that OS vendors customize this file to reflect
     their desired policy.
  -->

<haldconfig>

  <!-- If true, then the device list is saved to disk such that
       properties are kept between invocations of hald.
    -->
  <persistent_device_list>false</persistent_device_list>

  <!-- Default value for storage.media_check_enabled for devices of
       capability storage - this can be overridden by .fdi files.

       Setting this to false results a whitelist policy, e.g. media
       check is only enabled for storage devices with a .fdi file
       saying so.

       Conversely, setting it to true results in a blacklist policy
       where media check is enabled by default but may be overridden
       by a .fdi for devices causing trouble.
  -->
  <storage_media_check_enabled>true</storage_media_check_enabled>

  <!-- Default value for storage.automount_enabled_hint for devices of
       capability storage - this can be overridden by .fdi files.

       Setting this to false results a whitelist policy, e.g. policy
       agents should only automount storage devices with a .fdi file
       saying so.

       Conversely, setting it to true results in a blacklist policy
       where policy agents should always automount unless this is
       explicitly overridden by .fdi for devices causing trouble.
  -->
  <storage_automount_enabled_hint>true</storage_automount_enabled_hint>

</haldconfig>