supermount

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Fri Oct 8 13:07:43 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 21:11 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  lemeesee...  yeh, here we go:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=273055

So, instead of, say, *fixing* the problem, you want instead to use a
giant evil hack like supermount?  Personally, I like "fixing" a lot
better.  ;-)

>  and yes, that approach _does_ actually work but i'm investigating
>  supermount as an alternative.
>
>  _yet another_ workaround is to switch off all directory notification in
>  KDE (or its equivalent in Gnome) and also to not use FAM.

FAM isn't a problem.  dnotify is.  dnotify is "teh suck."  See the
recent inotify work for a good solution to the "you can't unmount,
sucker!" problem dnotify causes.

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.