Fwd: hal-0.4.0 "Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery." released

Mitch Mitch at 0Bits.COM
Sun Oct 17 13:21:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

 > - Use pamconsole mount option instead of user (David Zeuthen)

Can someone explain to me the use for this ? If my understanding is
correct, the tools haven't caught up to be able to do put this in
by default ? Using either this keyword or 'managed' makes the mount
fail giving me an unknown keyword error (when i click on my nautilus
icon for the volume). Every time i do a (cvs) install of hal i have
to fiddle around with the 90defaultpolicy/storage-policy.fdi
to add back in the 'user' mount option. Am i missing the point here ?
Also it's not documented anywhere. Stop me guessing and tell us what
toos we need to upgrade to use this and the 'managed options ;-)

 > - fstab-sync manual page (David Zeuthen)

Is it only me or has this manpage got the wrong paths in it ?
It mentions several times
	/usr/share/fdi/...
which should be
	/usr/share/hal/fdi/...