kodak digital camera fdi

Richard Ferguson fd at fergusnet.com
Sat Oct 30 13:20:30 PDT 2004

>> Here
>> >
>> > That camera is listed in my libgphoto2 hotplug map, so would have been
>> > recognized (and gphoto2 setup nicely).. Refreshing your hotplug map
>> could
>> > help.
>>
>> I am running version 2.1.4 which looks like the latest, how do I refresh
>> my hotplug map?
>
> By running print-usb-usermap from libgphoto2-2 and putting that in your
> libgphoto2 hotplug map.
>
> On a Debian system that's /usr/lib/libgphoto2-2/print-usb-usermap and
> /etc/hotplug/usb/libgphoto2.usermap. Fedora has /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap
> for
> the usermap. Don't know about others..
>
> On a debian system the usermap is automagically refreshed when a new
> version is
> installed.. Don't know about others, but it's a nice feature to have :)

finally got it... my install generated a
/etc/hotplug/usb/usbcam-gphoto2.usermap.  I had to then copy the line for
my camera to /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap.  After that I got two pop ups after
plugging in my camera =)

I run gentoo so I am not sure if this is an install bug or just the way
its supposed to work.  Does it make sense to have to manually copy my
camera description into the second file I listed above?  my guess is no..