usb floppy delays in /sys

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Sep 16 11:07:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 07:35:03PM +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 18:34 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > okay, it's a 55k file, i object to doing things like sending big files
> > to lists so it's at http://hands.com/~lkcl/hal-hotplug-fail.typescript
> >

> But this do seem to work. From the log:
>
> > 20984: added mount point '/media/floppy' for device '/dev/sda'
>
> Here, fstab-sync adds your mount point. What's the problem? :-)

 right towards the bottom of the typescript file, about 20 lines
 from the bottom, it says:

 18:31:22.140 [E] linux/osspec.c:1188: d is NULL!

 that's the problem - add_device has failed.

> Seriously, if you can reproduce this I'm more than happy to look at the
> issue and fix it.

> > 20984: fstab-sync reset context /etc/fstab->system_u:object_r:etc_t
>
> You mentioned SELinux earlier so I thought I might mention that Dan
> Walsh just told me yesterday that I don't need to do this when I create
> the temporary file in /etc.

 ah, right.

 the other side of the conversation so to speak.

 it can't do any haaarrrm :)

Truth, honesty and respect are rare commodities that all spring from
the same well: Love.  If you love yourself and everyone and everything
around you, funnily and coincidentally enough, life gets a lot better.