fix legacy floppy in sysfs

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Sep 20 10:23:15 PDT 2004

Here is a fix for the kernel to create the link from the legacy floppy
to the physical "platform device". Would be nice if someone with a real
floppy can try the kernel patch. (I don't have a floppy, only the chip
without a drive in my notebook).

sysfs looks like this now:

  [kay at pim linux.kay]$ tree /sys/block/fd0/
  /sys/block/fd0/
  |-- dev
  |-- device -> ../../devices/platform/floppy0
  |-- queue
  |   |-- iosched
  |   |   |-- antic_expire
  |   |   |-- est_time
  |   |   |-- read_batch_expire
  |   |   |-- read_expire
  |   |   |-- write_batch_expire
  |   |   `-- write_expire
  |   |-- max_hw_sectors_kb
  |   |-- max_sectors_kb
  |   |-- nr_requests
  |   `-- read_ahead_kb
  |-- range
  |-- removable
  |-- size
  `-- stat

  [kay at pim linux.kay]$ tree /sys/devices/platform/floppy0/
  /sys/devices/platform/floppy0/
  |-- block -> ../../../block/fd0
  |-- detach_state
  `-- power
      `-- state

I'm preparing for doing serial/parallel legacy stuff at the moment and
later want to move the floppy handling out of platform_bus_device.c over
to block_class_device.c where it belongs. I want only the sysdevice
creation in platform_bus_device.c, where we can merge the class devices
into. It should be easy to switch over if we get the devices in
/sys/devices/platform and the links. David, is that fine with you?

Thanks,
Kay